4

Wiping the Slate Clean

Posted by the lazy knight on 11:14 PM in ,
I once met a man who said he could erase time
go back in the past and remove those memories of mine
my pain and my sorrow
that never coming tomorrow
my days filled with delight
that vision without a sight
the darkness of despair
my loneliness in betrayal
that false dawn that i saw
the cliff that i had to claw
i want to forget those hours, those days, those years
can you fulfill this one wish of mine...
find me the man who said he could erase time....

|

4 Comments


reminds me of my state of mind when i wrote 'in reminiscence'. whats more... i wrote it in the quiet hours of the night too. the past cant be erased... and at times it cant be recreated either. all we mere mortals are capable of is atuning ourselves to this abrasive reality of life. reaching out to people who matter during these nostalgic spells also helps.

the pandora box of memories opens and comes to haunt our imagination at the weirdest, loneliest of times. what comes out of such times are short, hurtful poems from even the non poetic types... a cathartic exercise for these individuals to restore sanity. works like that for me atleast...


you will realize,
and I tell you no lies,
this baptism thru fire,
will only help you rise higher...


^
I always knew I sucked in literature...hehehehe


YT - Mine was inspired by someone else's plethora of problems...but can you really press 'delete' and erase files from your life...i wonder how successfully people are able to do the same...

Nits - you shud try hand in an ad jingo
maybe they will take for the chips bingo! :P

Copyright © 2009 twenty2yards All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.